Thursday, March 3, 2011

Blessed from above

Everyone has loved one that has passed that they greatly miss but still feel an incredible connection too. I have 2 my great grandmother Minee and My Uncle Pete...

Minee was an amazing little lady and I really do mean little she was a blessing to everyone she came in contact with. She was such a giver although I never got to spend a lot of time with her, she passed when I was in the 6th grade, and we had just moved home to Oregon so most of what I know from her are stories but every time I go to pick fresh berries to make my jams or spend a day in the kitchen with my dad and mamaw preparing canned food or making angel food cakes I feel her presence. If I strived to always make someone proud even in high school personally it was her she was always in the back of my mind wondering what she would think of what I was doing. If I was doing something I shouldn't I really felt her. I always told people if I didn't open a door for an elderly person or give them that extra love and attention she would storm out of Heaven just to knock me upside the head. She had such a heart for the Lord and did what ever she could to make sure everyone got to church. She would drive this big old bus around an Indian reservation picking up the kids every Sunday to take them to and from church. If she was canning green beans or tomatoes she would can an extra 50 jars if that meant the neighbor down the road had enough too. Or the cherry pit in the pie, a great thing she left behind always a pit that now when our family has cherry pie they hope that the pit is in their slice just as a silent sweet hello from her. When she was ready to pass all she wanted was to see all her babies again. she was able to see each of us my uncle Jess I think was the last she saw him smiled and took her last breath. The heavens were singing praises when she entered, Makayla is lucky to have her baby doll that she plays with daily and I think there is a big smile on her face


Uncle Pete, OK this used to drive my mom crazy but its a song I have taught to my kids only to honor him and I know he has tootsie pop hanging out of his mouth laughing uncontrollably so here goes 

"Beans Beans the Musical fruit the more you eat the more you toot, the more you toot the better you feel beans beans what a wonderful meal"

Make me laugh out load with tears in my eyes. He was taken at a young age with 5 amazing boys to survive life with out him, this is where the quote CANCER SUCKS comes in handy.. He was such a comedian I don't think I ever hung out with him when he was trying to stir up some kind of mischief, like the time at my nanny's house in NH their upstairs toilet was broken so he came up with this grand idea to put a nut chocolaty candy bar in a piece of toilet paper walk downstairs to the dining room table where we all were sitting and start yelling at us kids for using the bathroom when it was broken he brought the evidence to show and was trying to get one of us to confess just as everyone started gasping thinking he his holding poop he takes a big bite of it.. Oh the look on the faces of some of the most Proper English relatives I have. Priceless. Pete served our country in the Air force in then was the faithful Mailman who in the dead of Winter challenged his coworkers to see who could last the longest wearing shorts, I am pretty sure he won.. But my favorite memory of Pete was the day of his oldest son Chris's wedding you see there was this amazingly handsome best man that I couldn't take my eyes off of, well Pete knew him well and tried to get me to go talk to him but I was shy and only 18 and he looked to be a few years older then me so Pete took it upon himself to walk up to this handsome guy and ask if he was single. of course the response was no. Pete then looks at me and says good you see that girl over there that's my niece and she thinks you HOT!! So for the rest of that day I spent hanging out with this incredible guy named Joey. The very next day Uncle Pete told me that he knew one day we would get married and I was going to force him to wear yet another monkey suit. Well he was right about one of those things we did get married but Pete didn't make it to our wedding he got to have a front row seat watching from heaven.. I owe a lot to that man I miss him and love him so much.

If heaven had a phone I would call them everyday to just hear their voices and to say I love you

No comments:

Post a Comment